TABLE OF CONTENTS
- CLOCK HOURS
- TUITION & PAYMENTS
- DRESS CODE
- GRADING SYSTEM
- EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES
- FOOD & DRINKS
- TRANSFER STUDENTS
- VISITOR INFORMATION
1) What is a student permit card? Where does one get this?
- The state department requires a student enrolled in a beauty
school to hold a permit stating the student’s name, permit number, and the name of the school actively attending. The student may request their state permit number from the main office.
2) What happens after the student
completes the total course hours required by state and have paid course in full?
- The student should be prepared to take the Texas Final Written
& Practical Exam to obtain a license for work.
- The student may request for assistance in scheduling a date for
the exam or one may schedule it themselves. Visit our "Schedule Your State Exam" link
under our Student Services page to get more information about it.
3) Where does the student
take the state final exam to obtain a license?
- There are several locations in the surrounding Houston area to take the final state exam. The
student may choose which location is best for him or her if dates are available.
1) What is the
minimum # of hours a student must attend B1 Careers per week? 15 hours
2) What is the
minimum # of hours a student must attend B1 Careers per month? 60 hours
3) What happens if a student does not meet the minimum #
of hours per week or per month?
- The student must talk to the Director or Assistant Director. The y will
be placed on probation.
TUITION AND PAYMENTS
What happens if a registered student misses a tuition payment?
- The student will be automatically charged a late fee of
2) What forms of tuition payments does the school accept?
- Cash, credit card, check, debit card or money order
1) Does a student wear a uniform?
- Yes. The student must wear all black under school smock. The
school’s smock is sold in the school’s store. Daily personal grooming is highly recommended.
2) What kind of shoes does a student wear?
- Under Cosmetology law it is required to wear closed toed and
closed heeled shoes at all times. Must be followed at all times.
1) If a student misses an exam day will they get a chance to make it
- Yes. We allow make up testing only under certain circumstances.
If you have more questions over this matter please direct them to your instructor or director.
2) Are there many tests?
- Examinations are given periodically, after every chapter, in
both theory and practical classes. If you have more questions, please speak to your instructor.
The instructor reviews each student’s progress on a regular basis.
Examinations are given periodically and practical work is graded as well. The minimum acceptance score that reflects that the student has passed the assignments is 70%. This minimum passing score
applies to both theory and practical work assignments.
EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES
1) Does a student receive any equipment and supplies?
- Yes. If the new students applicant makes a full payment for
their books and/or kit, he/she will immediately receive their materials. (Materials may sometimes be in back up order but will eventually receive his/her items)
2) If a student needs extra supplies where can I get
- We sell a limited amount of supplies but we can always help you
find something you need for class.
3) Do the books come in different languages?
- Yes, They come in Spanish and English.
1) Who is the eligible for our Cosmetology Operator course?
- Must be at least 17 years old of age.
- Have obtained a high school diploma or the equivalent of a high school
diploma or have passed a valid examination administered by a certified testing agency that measures the person’s ability to benefit from training.
- Have completed 1,500 hours of instruction in a licensed culture
2) Who is eligible for our Cosmetology Instructor course?
An applicant that is,
- at least 18 years of age.
- have completed the 12th grade or it equivalent.
- holds an Cosmetology Operator license.
- have completed a course of 750 hours of instruction in cosmetology
courses and teaching methods.
- If an applicant has two years of verifiable experience as a
licensed operator then he or she is qualified to complete 500 hours of instruction course.
3) What does a person need to bring to register for a course?
- Proof of identification (Anything that is government issued)
- A copy of high school diploma or G.E.D or something equivalent from
- A form of payment: cash, credit card, check for
4) What is the cost to register for a course at B1 Careers? $100
5) Can one register at anytime in the program?
- Yes. Classes run in a cycle for entering Phase One students and any
students are able to pick up the course immediately.
Are there schedules that a student needs to follow?
- Yes. There will be several classes on the same day. If you miss
a class you can always make it up at a later time that day. Class schedules will be posted up on the bulletin boards.
2) Are there other languages that a student can learn the material instead of
- B1 careers only offer classes in English and Spanish.
FOOD AND DRINKS
1) Does a student get a lunch break?
Yes, of course. A student is also allowed to leave campus for
lunch and come back or bring their lunch as well. They must clock out during breaks or when leaving campus. A student is not allowed to eat or drink during class hours. The student is
only allowed to eat and drink in the “Student Lounge” during their break time.
Attendance is recorded on all regularly schedule school days. A
daily time report is maintained indicating the attendance record for each student enrolled. Students must attend on a regular basis in order to be considered making satisfactory progress and complete
the program within the maximum time frame. Excessive absenteeism will be cause for possible interruption of training.
1) Can one transfer hours to “B1 Careers” from another TX
- Yes. Make an appointment with a B1 Careers representative for
further assistance. Please bring your permit #, a sealed transcript, identification, and a copy of your high school diploma or GED, to the appointment.
2) Can one transfer to B1
Careers from an out-of-state Cosmetology School?
- Yes. Make an appointment to see a B1
Careers representative for further assistance. Please bring a sealed transcript or have one mailed to our school address before the appointment and also bring a copy of your highschool
diploma or GED and your identification.
Please visit the office for visitor information. Any visitors that
interrupt any class session will be asked to leave.
For more information, please give a call during